Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving



We had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, after I spent most of November sick in bed with first swine flu and then pneumonia. We were so lucky (and grateful) that Isabelle's doctor snuck her an early swine flu vaccine 2 weeks before I got sick, as she was just barely protected by her vaccine and luckily did not catch it from me. We were pretty scared if Paul got sick too that we'd need a family member to fly out with no notice to take care of Isabelle. We have some wonderful friends in the area who brought us comfort dinners to help us get by while I was sick for so long.

By the time we got to Thanksgiving, I was so grateful that we hadn't made any travel plans. We made a lovely turkey dinner, with homemade cranberry sauce (Isabelle's favorite!), candied yams, and a fresh baked cherry pie. Isabelle loved eating at our "fancy table" and ate mostly cranberry sauce. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment